Sunday, July 01, 2012

5 months and solid

Today Ms. A is 5 months and 2 days old, how time flies when you are having fun and she's not a newborn anymore :(.

I have been stalling to NOT give her solid because when she's on solid it means she's a big girl and I'm not ready I want my baby to stay baby for a long time :). Yeah I know that's not going to happen.

Ms. A has been watching us eating like a hawk, she will stop and look at me when I drink or eat something while I nurse her, I can see that her mouth is making chewing movement and she also starting to wake up at night for feed which she usually sleep through the night so I told Mr. Husband that I want to try give her solid and see if she's ready or not.

I decided to make her food not using commercial ones, so on Friday I grinded brown rice until become powder, 2/4 cup of raw brown rice make up 1 cup of brown rice powder.





I also save the grainy ones for when she is older and ready for more texture food.




I put 1/2 cup of brown rice powder + 4 cups of water in a saucepan with cover on and boil it, once it boils I turn down the heat to low and cook for 20 minutes with cover on.


I took out 2 tbs and put it in a bowl to serve and let the rest to cool down before I move it to the food tray to freeze. 


And the moment of truth whether she is ready for solid or not. When I put the spoon close to her mouth she open her mouth oh yes she is ready, and she makes chewing movement.


Yay she likes it, she finished the whole bowl of 2 tbs of rice cereal and she also likes her sippy cup.


Operation solid was a success!






Happy 5 months old baby!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Selamat makan, Antonia!